How to find a phone using Google Find My Device
How To Find Phone Using Google Find My Device: Android smartphones have become extremely common in India these days and take up a majority share. In this fast-moving world, it is easy to lose track and sometimes misplace your smartphone accidentally. In some other cases, several users have been robbed of their smartphones due to their lack of presence in the situation.
If you’ve been in such a situation and want to track your phone location, this comprehensive guide contains everything you need. Android comes with built-in tools for tracking down a smartphone using your Google Account, there are how to find a phone using Google Find My Device several other OEM and 3rd party solutions offer more features if you are a Samsung Mobile user, then you should really consider setting up your Samsung Account to Support tracking of your smartphone.
Losing a smartphone can be extremely stressful given the amount of private information and pictures stored in it. Tracking a device can also be very helpful in keeping your children safe and knowing where they are. In this article, we talk about Find My Device by Google which works on all Android smartphones that have Google Play Services, and also about a similar offering by the popular manufacturer Samsung
Find My Device
Google’s Find My Device app is a must-have for most Android users and if you have added a Google Account to your Android device then Find My Device is automatically turned on. You can check this by navigating to Settings > Security > Find my Device. You can download the application for free from Play Store or use it on the web portal to locate your smartphone.
- How to locate your lost or stolen smartphone using Find My Device
- Either download the Find My Device application from Google Play Store or navigate to the Web App using the link below.
- After installing the application, log in and ensure that your location is turned on.
- Once the application is running you can now go ahead to locate your smartphone as long as it is connected to a Wi-Fi network or has the mobile data turned on
- As an additional step, it might be required to leave the Location Services turned on in the smartphone for better tracking.
- You can also lock the device remotely and write a message along with an alternative phone number, this allows the person to call you easily if they have found it
- You can also play a sound on the smartphone remotely, this will play a loud sound on the smartphone even if the device is in Vibrate or Silent sound profile.
- As a worst-case scenario, if you lose hope of recovering the device and if the data in the smartphone is more precious, you can choose to completely wipe the smartphone online and the smartphone will be factory reset.
- See your phone, tablet, or watch on a map. If the current location isn’t available, you’ll see the last known site.
- Use indoor maps to help you to find your device in airports, shopping centers, or other large buildings
- Navigate to your device with Google Maps by tapping the device location and then the Maps icon
- Play a sound at full volume, even if your device is on silent
- Erase the device or lock it with a custom message and contact number on the lock screen
- See network and battery status
Find My Device helps you locate your lost Android and lock it until you get it back.